School District #61 has revised school policy and regulation regarding volunteer drivers. The district is committed to ensuring student safety. With this in mind, drivers who are volunteering to drive any child other than their own will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Driver’s Abstract. This will only have to happen once every five years, so if you had one done while at middle school, you will be able to bring that information into us.
- Parent driving own child only – No documents are required.
- Non-custodial grandparent, or any other related family member (aunt, uncle) If driving related child – no documents are required. If driving other children – all documents are required.
If you can help:
- Complete a Adult-Volunteer-Driving-Form and bring in a copy of your Driver’s License and insurance to the school office.
- Phone ICBC (1-800-663-3051) to get a copy of your Driver’s Abstract. Driver’s Abstract can be mailed or emailed, please bring it to the school office.
- Apply online for a Criminal Record Check at https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/home.htm. Use our school’s access code: 2UR2N5WVYR.* Your Criminal Record Check will be sent directly to the school.
Criminal Record Check applicants who do not have a credit history of at least six months or have not been living in Canada for at least two years will need to get a Volunteer Driver Letter from the school office to take it to your municipal police department.
We greatly appreciate all of our volunteer drivers taking the time to complete this process. Please be assured that your personal information will be kept confidential and secure. For further information, please contact the school office.
* The Criminal Record Review Program verifies identities through an Electronic Identity Verification (EIV) process. It is important to know that the Criminal Records Review Program is not running a credit report; it is only using the EIV to verify the applicant’s identity and to make sure the personal information contained in the criminal record check form is accurate. No information from this process is retained or stored by the Criminal Record Check Program.